South Lakes Men's Golf Association Announcements
- Current Club Champion Patrick West
- Current Senior Club Champion Harry lowery
- South Lakes is the current Interclub Champion - Congratulations to all the guys that participated!
- 2013 Hole in One Pot is now $0.00
The 'famous' 1-putt game
This year we will continue the $5 optional 1-putt game. It will work as follows:
- Each participating golfer will receive one ticket for each 1-putt he records during the round.
- An eligible 1-putt can be for any score, but cannot be counted if the golfer holes a putt from off the putting surface (a zero-putt) or putts his ball off the green, chips on, and makes his next putt (a two-putt).
- At the completion of each tournament, the other half of the ticket stubs given out for all 1-putts will be placed in a container and a drawing will be had to determine first place (50%) of the 1-putt pot, second place (30%) of the 1-put pot, and third place (10%) of the 1-putt pot. 10% of the 1-putt pot will be paid into a fund for the benefit of the assistant golf professionals.
- You do not have to be present at the drawing to win a 1-putt pot.
In addition, this year we will be trying a $5 optional shot making contest for the first tournament. This will vary throughout the year if the membership decides to keep it and will include closest to the holes on par 3’s, longest putts made on a designated hole, straightest drive, and others. 10% of overall money will be put into AGP fund and the rest will be divided amongst the five shot winners. We will revert back to the $5 optional cat’s game from time to time depending on the tournament.
This year we are also going to continue a couple of new programs from last year and add one new thing. They are the End of the Year Awards, Hole in One Club, and Members Option Tournament.
End Of the Year Awards Include:
- Player of the Year - Minimum of six tournaments and will be awarded to the member that consistently performs outstanding in all tournaments played in his respective flight.
- Sportsmen of the Year - No minimum and will be voted on by the members and awarded to the gentleman that most symbolizes the etiquette of golf and virtues of good sportsmanship.
All awards will be received at the end of last tournament.
Hole in One Club:
- Yearly non-refundable membership fee of $10
- Pay out at end of the year (last tournament) divided amongst any/all members who recorded an ace during the tournament season.
- The Hole in One must be at a recognized SLAM tournament. You must be at the tees that established for that tournament and must be witnessed by another member.
- In event a Hole in One is not recorded during the tournament season by any member then 10% of fee’s will be put into AGP fund and the remaining money will be rolled over into next year’s SLAM budget.